Research Projects Selected in FY2012
< Solution-Oriented Service Science Research, Type A >
Development and practical application of a "human resource development and evaluation service" based on on-site evaluation of quality of care by using IT platform
 Project Leader
Dean/ Professor, Faculty of Environment and Information Studies, Keio University
- Creating a model for a service that assists in evaluating the suitability of people for nursing care work
- Creating a training service that enhances caregivers’ awareness of care receivers’ conditions and supports to get proficient at caregiving
- Develop a method for data acquisition and a standard analysis method for evaluating the quality of care using information technology
- Visualize the caregivers’ awareness of care receivers’ condition.
- Identify the difference in awareness between experienced and inexperienced caregivers by using our developed system and define the items to be included in the evaluation of quality of care.
Since no objective method has been established for assessing the quality of service in caregiving work, it is difficult to know the essential nature of the outstanding skills of experienced workers. It leads to the problem that the know-how to provide such excellent service desired by users cannot be shared between caregivers working in the field.
This project will develop an objective method for evaluating the quality of nursing care services by means of a data-utilization platform. Based on those evaluation data, it will then develop a new human resource training and evaluation service aiming for its practical implementation.
The specific methodology involves quantifying the individual caregivers’ awareness of care receivers’ condition so as to recognize the difference among caregivers regarding their awareness. The contents of this awareness will then be codified as explicit knowledge.
A model regarding the quality of care will be created based on quantitative evidence, and will be developed into a training service that supports to get proficient at caregiving.